I had to document Lincoln's first time bearing his Testimony at church cause it was an interesting one. ohhh funny boy.
We had been talking about what a Testimony is at Family Home Evenings for the past few months and the kids had gotten to the point where they could stand behind the chair (pretending it was the podium) and share their testimony of what they believed. Both kids can share their own testimony now, but one is super shy and the other not so much. So we asked Lincoln if he wanted to do it at Church (pretty much prepped him for the days leading up to Fast Sunday so he wouldn't be nervous).
Sunday, February 5th, was Lincoln's first time bearing his testimony at Church. And here's how it went...the Bishopric member finished bearing his testimony and was turning the time over to the congregation. We wanted Lincoln to go first so he wouldn't chicken out so I had him at the end of our pew ready to go up as soon as Brother Jackson sat down. As he turned it over the congregation I said to Lincoln 'it's your turn, go.' As soon as I told Lincoln to go he took off running full speed up to the stand. (which apparently we should have taught him how to appropriately walk up to bear your testimony :) As he gets to the stairs that lead up to the stand, he flies right up and cuts the corner to the microphone, cutting the corner too close and smacking his face into the stair hand rail, hitting so hard that it threw his entire head back. Everyone gasps and turns to look at us. I was quite sure he would bust out in tears cause it had to have hurt like crazy but he took a second to regroup and kept running up to pulpit. He stood on the little stand, grabbed the microphone, whipped it down in front of his mouth, and bore his testimony as fast as he could...'i'd like to bear my testimony. i know this church is true. i know that president monson is a true prophet. i know that heavenly father is dead. in the name of jesus christ, amen.' (It still makes us laugh. He meant Jesus Christ was dead, maybe not the best thing to say but we had been talking about his birth, death, resurrection, etc. and guess that's what stuck.) As soon as he finished he stepped off and ran back down to us as quickly as he could. Maybe not the most reverent but I was so proud. Tears were totally streaming down my face as he came running back to us. This boy is going to be a strong one :) And here's his bruise to show for it... (not totally visible since it's off my phone but his left cheek). Go Lincoln!

3 comments:
OMG. I'm dying. "I know Heavenly Father is dead."
Soooo cute:)
I am laughing so hard right now! He is adorable!
Post a Comment